A change to Level 1 Yellow can occur when one or more of the following low water response indicators are met: precipitation (less than 80 per cent of historical average over one and/or three months; two weeks without rain); Eramosa River flow (less than 70 per cent of minimum low flow); water storage level (less than 75 per cent of average). We will return to a Level 0 Blue if conditions normalize.
Enforcement: In Level 1 Yellow, bylaw officers will investigate non-compliance of water use restrictions and issue a $130 ticket or court summons per program non-compliance event observed.
To report a water use violation
- Lawn watering – Alternate day and time restrictions (odd numbered address, odd numbered calendar day, even number address, even numbered calendar day, between 7-9 a.m. and 7-9 p.m.). Permits are required for watering new lawns and treated lawns outside alternate day/time restrictions. For permit information call the Outside Water Use line at 519-822-1260 extension 2153 or email email@example.com new email
- Watering trees, decorative (e.g. flower) and food gardens – no restrictions
- Recreational sprinklers for children, splash pads – no restrictions
- Filling residential swimming and wading pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or fountains – no restrictions
- Decorative fountains – must recirculate water
- At–home vehicle washing – anytime; must have shut-off nozzle on your hose